Gateway 550GR - Good Comp?

it would have to be eventually for a new card anyway, I might as well get one that's going to last me awhile.

By the way, instead of 200 gb it's 250 gb. Instead of 512 mb of ram it's 1 gig all still for the original $599 price.

thats amazing then, just make sure you get a decent video card.. and can you find out if the graphics card slot is AGP or PCI - EXPRESS? i'm assuming it's an AGP based board.. but yeah 6600gt will last you about half a year from now.. but based on the games you mentioned.. the graphcis card will own.

I had that exact same comp, seriously, a while ago. It broke down on me. The cpu failed. lol... well, I did overclock, on standard air cooling, the heatsink that came with the comp, to, about, ah, 3.76ghz. Lol.... the cpu was around 67C. Anyways, the comp is good for the money. I personally would go with gateway's line of amd's. Much better performing comps. The prices should be around the same too. But, again, the comp is good. The ram is cheap though, it might fail too. The x300se, pci ex. my friend, worked well for me. I could play cs:s at ok settings, but nothing fancy. My setup is way better now, however. All in all, as long as you don't overclock, the comp is fine.

Yea I am not a hardcore gamer, but I would like the option of playing at least some games and it sounds like with the current setup that should be alright. Where did you buy yours from Jac?

Costco. They have a 6 month warranty, and, my comp was screwed by moneht 4, so, haha, took it back. Full returnage.

Back
Top Bottom