NIC's

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
I googled and searched,
About NIC(Network Interface Card) does that mean it make's your IP address appear as 27.0.0.1.? I dont quite understand it, i have an idea but i would like to know from anyone who know a bit or alot about them from your words and not website pages, hope you can understand.(diffrent way of learning instead off websites etc)

:) Thanks

(Im not too sure if this is the right section but move it MODS if you feel it belongs somewhere else)

Your question is extremely confusing. Can you try restating your question in a different way? I'm willing to offer any help I can give, but need a little more clarity as to what you're looking for.

You would have your own unique IP address for your DSL/Cable connection, or a different one if you use proxies...NICs don't change the Ip (i think)

Thanks CrossCech, i didnt mean to make it confusing ill try and put it another way if i can,
Thank you also SilentScope

ok
NIC, what i meant to try and ask and put, i dont understand it(them).
How it works or whats its meant for, like its job so it so,
Can someone explain it better to me, NIC's is got to do with DSL and other connections, where the net, its always on yes? So that means it can change your IP? But that also deppens if its static or dynamic?(I think, i cant really if thats right, as i dont no too much about that)
Or is that just something diffrent all together?

(im trying to understand all this better as it may lead to another question..or two lol)

Thanks for any help

A network interface card provides access to a network; most NIC's today use RJ45 cabling.

If you have broadband Internet you most likely already have a NIC inside your computer.

In short a network interface card is a device that physically connects each computer to a network. This card controls the flow of information between the network and the computer.

also the bit about 127.0.0.1 is that is the "localhost" if the computer needs to access it's self

Back
Top Bottom