Half Life 2 HELP DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have a ORIGINAL LEGAL copy of HL2 on one of my PCs but I got a new 1 that doesent have an internet connection.
Could someone plaese tell me what files to transfer from the old computer to make it work again?

Drive > program files > valve > steam > steamapps > ur steam name > and the game.

i just pulled that outta my head, i think thats it, but copy those to a cd, like make a backup cd, and place it in the ohter computer..

You have to have a interenet connection to play any Valve game(HL2/CS:S). even if you got the files on the computer it has to have a internet connection to play it, even for HL2 which isn't online play.

If it's updated all the way, you should be able to play it in offline mode. Usually mine won't for some reason...

I hate steam.

I love steam, keeps ppl from stealing your CD-key better, and no cd's!!!!!!

I have never ran steam in offine before but knowing steam you have to download the files on that computer before it will let you play it. if you could just copy the files from another computer and run it in offline mode then ppl could share it freely which Valve(Steam) would never allow. they are the best for stoping ppl from sharing the game so they wouldn't miss something like that.

How is it possible to not hate steam? With steam you have to be connected to the internet, and you have to download updates all the time that just mess everything up. I spent about a week not being able to play it at all thanks to one of the updates.

Playing games like CS:S at LAN parties is pretty much impossible unless everyone can connect to the internet to get all the updates. That kind of defeats the purpose of a LAN party doesn't it?

The latest update I got screwed steam up so bad that I can't even log in (I tried everything, and even asked around on steam's forums). I just uninstalled it.

Just you, mine works fine and it's totally updated. I have never had any problems with Steam or the updates.

Back
Top Bottom