My 6600GT sucks, make it better please.

Wiredchild

In Runtime
Hello, i bought this card recently:
http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/prod...2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=77821

I needed a 6600GT godamn quick and several reviews said this was the best option for general use.

See...I wanted to overclock a tad but not manually as i don't really know how, this is why i bought this card Because...It's a "Gainward Golden Sample" and therefore, (quoting the manual) "If you purchased a 'Golden Sample' version of your display adapter find "Enhanced Mode Settings"". Which are basically safe overclocked settings which'll hold the warrantee in the program that runs the card call 'Expertool'.

But, the problem is that they're not there and when i try and install them from the disk the button to do so is greyed out so i can't click it.

...I'm just p***ed off cos i bought this card for that reason, and also because it is supposed to have LED's in the fan, but that was changed without notice!!! Tried emailing Gainward, they don't reply...assholes.

(appologies for obsenities i'm just v angry!)

It plays games ok, but i just want to get more out of it and now regret buying something like the BFG tech 6600GT...would that have been better?

Does anyone have any experiance with gainward cards and Expertool and how to use it with these advanced settings and whatnot.

...Is this card actually any good or should i sell it and get another 6600GT??

it's still a good card.
I'd just call Gainward support. And if they can't help u to get it working u could return it and say that u didn't get what they promised to give u.

The LEDs on the fan you cannot do anything about unless their broken, as it will say in the T&Cs that Specs may change without notice. Email Gainward, but the Overclock won't give you a massive boost anyway. If it tells you the levels it WILL overclock to, download Riva Tuner and do it manually using that. It's not that a big difference anyway, 1 or 2 fps - your expecting too much, the BFG would be pretty much the same.

prosser13 said:
The LEDs on the fan you cannot do anything about unless their broken, as it will say in the T&Cs that Specs may change without notice. Email Gainward, but the Overclock won't give you a massive boost anyway. If it tells you the levels it WILL overclock to, download Riva Tuner and do it manually using that. It's not that a big difference anyway, 1 or 2 fps - your expecting too much, the BFG would be pretty much the same.

lol 1 or 2 fps.
Actually overclockin does make a difference. If it would only be <5 fps then why would anyone do it? Test ur card now, a game or a benchmark. Then oc it as far as u can and test it again. 1-2 Fps increase? If so then a) ur card absolutely sucks at oc'ing. or b) u suck at oc'ing. (which I really doubt)

What's benchmarking? Everyone says that and i don't have a clue what it is.

I just used an nVidia utility which came with the card to get the 'optimal settings' automatically and it's put the Core Clock Frequency to 561Mhz and the Memory Clock Frequency to 1.12Ghz.

...Actually have no idea what that's done and it's probably put my PC in extreme danger of dying. Oh well.

Is that good then, the whole 561 and 1.12? It took it ages to do with loads of the screen flikering and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom