ram whats the diffrence pc2700 or 3200

golfer07

In Runtime
i have 512 pc 2700 and i just upgraded my computer now from socket a xp mobile to amd 64 3700 and a biostar mobo. so is there going to be a diffrence or anything ?? or is my proformance going to be a lil sluggish ?

PC2700 and 3200 are just speeds of the ram. Just make sure your MOBO is compatiable with your ram then you should get normal performance.

With the new CPU you just bought, it would be preferable to get PC3200 ( 400mhz ) since your CPU has a higher overall performance, mainly the FSB is either 1600mhz (754) or 2000mhz (939)

aww shit i need pc 3200 but i only ordered my stuff yesterday so i can order that today and it will arrive same time. thx alot man i totaly didnt even think of checking i just assumed it would work

well does anyone know were to get some good memory for cheap ???? atleast 512 of it that will be alot of help thx :)

Where are you located? If you're in the U.S Newegg. If you're in Canada Tiger Direct has great prices. In the U.K, i dunno what they use.

im in US and ya i lvoe newegg, i was just woundering if there were like any at like bestbuy then you do price changes and it takes awhile but somtimes you can acually get money back for buying something.

Best Buy doesnt have a great variety of Computer parts such as Ram. I'd just go with new egg.

Back
Top Bottom