Speakers, or sound(onboard..i think)

geek_gal

Daemon Poster
Hey All,

My sound has gone, im not sure how but i think it was when i was putting in my headphones in the back jack(if thats the right way to put it), if so im not sure why that would cause my sounds to go.

I tryed listening to music through WMP and at first it was going but no sound, then i tryed it again it said the sound device was'nt detecting, so i went changed a few things and got it again but still no sound, ive tryed changing the jacks on the back of my tower and no luck ive tryed putting in my headphones now that doesnt work either, so no sound.

Im pretty sure its onboard sound, if this helps:
ESSAudio? Isnt that the driver for the onboard sound?
So im not too sure whats wrong, I might be the actual speakers or the sound just had died,

Thanks for any help you may give

the problem is most likely in the sound card (or onboard sound in this case)
U could try reinstalling the drivers but I don't think it will change anything. How old is the mobo? I'm guessing that the onboard sound just died.
Try to get ur hands on a sound card and see if u get the sound working with it.

Thanks mammikoura,

Ive had trouble with this before, but it was the drivers, and god that was a bi__h!
This is hence why im trying to still save up for new computer to build. New everything just about(expect for speakers and monitor thats about it)
The mobo is pretty old i guess, maybe about 2-3 years..since ive had it so its much older than that. Im sure.

Also do you know of anywhere or have a *good* picture of what it looks like, so i can take alook inside to where my sound card is, and try doing it all myself, just have to see if i can get a temp soundcard... :|

What does pmub spell backwards?

<<BUMP>>

geek_gal said:
Do you know of anywhere or have a *good* picture of what it looks like, so i can take alook inside to where my sound card is, and try doing it all myself, just have to see if i can get a temp soundcard... :|

Anyone?
a little more help..pwease :(

Back
Top Bottom