Amd 3700

redrider57

Solid State Member
What do you guys think of the AMD Atalon 3700+ procesor.
I am looking in to building a pc and this sounds like a decent processor.
If you have any comments, good or bad, please let me know.

Thanks

I was looking at the 754 pin, but what are the differences between the two in the case of quality and performance?

Yeah, the 939-pin pwns the 754-pin...

They may have a higher Clock speed, but get beat by the 939-pins higher cache also the 939-pin chips will be in production till 2009, were as the 754-pin are being phased out.

I have the 939 pin one and its great. I have overclocked mine to the speeds of an FX-55. I would say if you dont have the cash for a dual core then get that one. Although I wouldnt get the socket 754 one because that is like the best processor you can get for socket 754 so you willnt have any room to upgrade.

redrider57 said:
I was looking at the 754 pin, but what are the differences between the two in the case of quality and performance?

the major difference are the support for dual channel DDR in 939 and the hyper transport link upgrade from 1600MHz to 2000MHz.

so you should be looking at 939 as a much faster and capable system with the right pieces of hardware put together.

Socket 754 users are generally for people who are on a budget while Socket 939 is for more serious computer users who demands more out of the performance of their machine. If you're going to be gaming, get Socket 939.

I even think the sockeet 939 is mainstream and is becoming very very affordable. Socket 939 mobos in sli used to be 250 dollars, now they are 100. Thats crazy.

Back
Top Bottom