3700+ or Opteron 148?

If you're not overclocking, then don't get a Opteron. The Athlon 64 3700+ should be fine.

yea i was thinking bout the 146 ova the 3500+ ne1 know if i would need 2 increse the volts going thru it to get it to the holy 3Ghz? cas i aint dun that much and scared i would kill it >_<

If I decide to spend $300+ on a cpu, I'm going to go with a dual core. Would I be better off with the AMD X2 3800+ or the Opteron 165? The 3800+ is a little faster but has half as much L2 cache...

I don't know anything about OC'ing, would it be possible to OC the opteron 165 to 2.0GHz or more without changing the voltage?

mr.monger said:
i heard the opteron 146 can oc like crazy on air, but if u dont want to oc get the 3700 definately.

You can get the Opteron 146 to 3.0ghz+ on air with barely any added voltage. Heck, even some guy on OCForums.com has a Opteron 180 (that's a dual-core by the way) that's overclocked to 3.0ghz on STOCK voltage. That's freakin' insane...imagine if he added more volts...oh baby...:D I think he used water-cooling though...either way, that's still incredible.

Back
Top Bottom