what lang. should i use?

computer_tom

Baseband Member
i have read alot of threads on this but i need peoples advice. i was thginking of using c ++, but do i need a compeller* thingy? i am a real newbie when it comes to programing, exept for html. thanks :)

I personally like C++ its a good language to learn on and its pretty widely used. yes you do need a compiler; there are free ones you can download, my favorite is DevC++ it actually works better than Microsofts.

DevC++ isn't a compiler

Stright from the website that hosts dev c++

Bloodshed Dev-C++ is a full-featured Integrated Development Environment (IDE) for the C/C++ programming language. It uses Mingw port of GCC (GNU Compiler Collection) as it's compiler. Dev-C++ can also be used in combination with Cygwin or any other GCC based compiler.

So basically you're using GCC which is free.

I stand corrected, shows what my programming teacher knows.....sorry for the missinformation....

I would say start using Dev C++. It has a tutorial built right into it, which is how I learned it. Although if you know HTML it won't help you any bit when learning C/C++. Because I know HTML and it didn't help worth a darn...

Back
Top Bottom