Unlocking my Windows XP.

Stuff9928

Solid State Member
I have my welcome screen enabled but when I log off/switch user it just goes to the "Secure" windows logon method. When I do the switch user option without logging off it says that the computer has been locked by Me (Owner).

I'm wondering how to unlock it, other sites say to press CTRL+ALT+DELETE and select unlock my computer but when I press the key sequence, it just takes me to task manager where I can't do that. Any help please?

Well you can change the way you log on to your users by going to the Control Panel. Then clicking "Users Accounts". Then click " Change the way users log on and off". Then select the way you like to log on and off. That might Help the Problem.

Did that, same thing happens, the welcome screen still doesn't show up, that's not really the problem though, I just need to unlock my computer.

Do you have .Net framework installed? It did the same thing to my PC, and now I can't install the framework on my PC. Really sucks :(

SilentScope said:
Do you have .Net framework installed? It did the same thing to my PC, and now I can't install the framework on my PC. Really sucks :(

Nope dont have that, What does it do?

Could you tell us exactly what the box (when it Locks the PC) says, or even better take a picture with a camera and post it up?

Well I found a picture on the internet of what happens, But mine is Windows XP and the user isnt andersow its Owner (Which is my user account)

locked0wl.jpg

Sorry for the double post but does anyone have any answers since I posted a screenshot?

Also, no matter which user I log on with, it just locks it and says that they locked it. It's annoying switching users because I have to totally log off.

Back
Top Bottom