Smart to put everything on external HDD?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
would it be smart to run all my games and stuff off my external HDD? Will their be any difff from the internal and external?

thanks

I'd run them from the internal ones. If the external connects by USB port then it's going to be slower than the internal (or the connection will be slower). I don't know if u will notice any difference.

Just running the game would be slower, or the gameplay, cuase im just sticking them their until i save money for my raptor so i dont have to d/l patches and all that shit

I don't know if it will effect the game in any way but all the traffic between the other parts and the hdd would be slower. U could always try it with one game and see what happens

You will notice a huge difference in FPS, because the games will have to transfer textures/sounds via USB 2.0 instead of a hard connection. STore music and video on the HDD, but don't play games off it.

I agree with all the above.. I have an external drive that uses USB 2.0 and i only keep music files and word documents etc on it. Save and run all programs on your internal drive.

USB and FireWire are slow if you're going to run something through it. IDE and SATA are better. Just use the external HDD to back-up your hard drive's files and archive stuff.

Back
Top Bottom