Which 6600 GT?

GreySteelFox

In Runtime
damn it me and my obsessive compulsiveness. now im debating if i should get the BFG 6600 GTOC AGP for $190 or the eVGA 6600 GT AGP for $140? i read the reviews for the BFG and they said that it was pretty damn good, and for the eVGA they said that it was good but not great but its $50 less. i want to be able to play BF2 with medium to high settings but im not sure if i could with the eVGA. i would get a 6800 but i cant find one with an AGP slot, oh well shit happens. :)

i really dont want to spend $50 extra on the BFG for 525 core clock speed compared to eVGA's 500. are there any other reasons to get the BFG besides more money and slightly better performance?

BFG Tech has one of the best customer services ever. They reply your emails quickly and they get things done. Also, don't forget about BFG Tech's Lifetime Warranty. :D

The reason the BFG is more is because it comes with a guaranteed overclock, which makes some people think it will be way better. Basically, your going to be getting a frame per second at whatever resolution, probably even less a lot of the time.

Get the eVGA, it'll save you $50, and think about buying an Artic Cooling Silencer, it'll make it way way quieter. Might have spent the same amount of money, but then you can overclock it better than the BFG, and it'll be a lot quieter. Or you could just save the $50 :D Or spend it in town :p

i had an old 5700 evga it overclocked quite well with stock cooling , ihave no complaints with them, you might as well save the 50 bucks and overclock it yourself lol i think BFG is overpriced on all their products, but they probably are good quality, ive never owned one so i cant say.

Get the Evga and overclock it to the BFG's speeds. Easy as pie.

(I got a Evga 6800 for 150 at new egg after the mail in rebate)

Back
Top Bottom