US Postage stamps to increase

For those of us that pay bills, we still use stamps. This affects people in the US, not Eurpean countries. USPS is still going strong.

I know the average age here on Computer Forums is like 15 or so, which is why it's hard for you "kids" to understand yet, but one of these days when you guys live out on your own, you'll see what I mean when the expenses pile up and you are forced to pay for them one way or the other. Either you use stamps or you pay for all your bills online. I hate the online idea because my whole life would be in cyperspace. I don't mind buying stuff over the Internet, but bills I generally pay in person or by mail. By mail most of the time. Easy to do. I don't know how people in Europe pay their bills, but that's how we do it in the US. I remember the days when postage use to be 25 cents.

SilentScope said:
It can add up after awhile for bill payers...
While that IS true, 37 cents every few weeks ISN't going to kill you. If you get payed a reasonable amount from you're job and extra two cents won't put you in a need for a loan.

TRDCorolla said:
For those of us that pay bills, we still use stamps. This affects people in the US, not Eurpean countries. USPS is still going strong.

I know the average age here on Computer Forums is like 15 or so, which is why it's hard for you "kids" to understand yet, but one of these days when you guys live out on your own, you'll see what I mean when the expenses pile up and you are forced to pay for them one way or the other. Either you use stamps or you pay for all your bills online. I hate the online idea because my whole life would be in cyperspace. I don't mind buying stuff over the Internet, but bills I generally pay in person or by mail. By mail most of the time. Easy to do. I don't know how people in Europe pay their bills, but that's how we do it in the US. I remember the days when postage use to be 25 cents.
Yeah, I pay all my bills online. It's much more convenient for me. And yeah, I remember back in the day, too. Then they went crazy and raised the price seven cents here and five cents there and some more over here. Everyone was like.... WTF?? It's been awhile since they've raised the price though, and it's only two cents, so it won't be too bad, I'm sure.

TRDCorolla said:
I don't know how people in Europe pay their bills
I pay all of my bills online. I don't think we have ever used mail in here, atleast I haven't. Back in the days when internet was quite new we went to the bank to pay the bills. (they sent the money from our account to the other one)

In the UK, the bill usually includes a return pre-paid envelope, we don't usually need a stamp.

Back
Top Bottom