External hard drive to burning CD

chopinbrain

Beta member
I have an 160GB external Hard Drive filled with 100MB of Mp3 files.
Is there any way to burn these files onto a CD, without having to transfer them to my computer first.
Anotherwards, I don't want to have to transfer the files to my C: drive which takes about 3 hr via usb 2.0 and then burn them onto a CD.
Is there anyway to set up the cd burning software on the external drive and just burn them straight from the F: drive.
Also, I plan on purchasing a 60GB Mp3 player. Will I be able to transfer files directly from my F: drive to the Mp3 player or do I need to always use my C: drive (the computers hard drive) as the in between.

Thanks ANDY

Burn them over to a CD as data files. Each CD can hold like 700MB worth of info. Just plug the external drive by means of USB and copy the data over to Nero to burn. You don't have to take the MP3's from the external drive to your main hard drive of your PC.

TRDCorolla said:
Burn them over to a CD as data files. Each CD can hold like 700MB worth of info. Just plug the external drive by means of USB and copy the data over to Nero to burn. You don't have to take the MP3's from the external drive to your main hard drive of your PC.

yeah this is the way to do it. U don't need to use C: drive. And the same with the mp3 player.

Back
Top Bottom