linux and windows

Ubuntu is pretty good too. You can order a cd online for free and they'll ship it to you for free. I guess fedora red hat though... more user friendly. It's just in my experience...

Try Ubuntu Linux. It's free and can fit on to a single 700MB CD, so it's easy to download and install. When it installs the boot loader, it should detect Windows, and offer you the option of dual-booting with it. It worked with my laptop perfectly.

acphenom said:
Try Ubuntu Linux. It's free and can fit on to a single 700MB CD, so it's easy to download and install. When it installs the boot loader, it should detect Windows, and offer you the option of dual-booting with it. It worked with my laptop perfectly.

Thanks for that, I'm downloading it. Looks great! :p

ok i installed fedora core 4 and everything went fine. but when i try to boot it doesnt recognize it. i set the boot drive to the one fedora is installed on, but it doesnt do anything. someone please help.

i'm kinda steeling this tread, but i installed Slackware on a computer and when i boot up it says

mshome login:
password:
and i dunno what they are!?!? lopl help

i heard slackware is kinda hard to use, but hella powerful. i think it means make an account, or if u had windows before, put in the stuff for it. im just guessing because of the ms. i would suggest googleing it

Back
Top Bottom