PSU for 6600 GT

GreySteelFox

In Runtime
should i get the antec 400 watt PSU for my up coming AGP eVGA GeForce 6600 GT, or should i get the 450 watt. i have enough cash for the 450 but it doesnt come into circuitcity until Dec 1st. someone said that i needed at least 430 watts to run the card effeciently but the minimum requirement is 350. after i get the ram and this card my shitty dell wont be as shitty as it was last X-mas

I'm always assuming people will upgrade, lol. I just like giving extra room for future stuff. Technically, the 400watt should pose no problems. A good way to measure is to add every single component you have in the PC (in terms of how much watts each one use). Then add another 25-50% headroom, that will be the power supply you want. I think my power supply is a 450 watt one. It's running great for the specs I have and it's a generic power supply too.

Wattage means nothing. It all depends on the AMPs on each rail. Post the links and I'll tell you which ones better if you want :D

ok, toady i got my paycheck, went to best buy and saw a 430 watt PSU and bought it for $90. got home and had to "modify" the metal where the PSU slides into. i had to bend alot of metal but i got it in and now im typing to you all from it. it sure is alot quieter than the old PSU. now im all set for the 6600 GT and RAM!!! THANK YOU ANTEC! i just pray to God that the screws i put in dont strip on me!

Back
Top Bottom