Laptop Screen Problem

Salter1701

Solid State Member
ok, on my laptop screen there is a strip, about an inche and a half width going right down the screen, where the image appears darker. I cant post a screenshot because a screen shot shows up normal on another computer, so the fault must be in my screen. Any idea how I might fix this? :confused: Will I need to send it back? I'd only had the laptop for a couple of months.

Thanks in advance.

Send it back for warranty. Good thing I bought the 3-year warranty plan on my Compaq V2000 series laptop. They'll replace the monitor on there. It's really easy to replace.

Hopefully it will still be under waranty, because it sounds like there may be some type of power problem with the LCD. You need to send it back to the shop. I'm just guessing here, but does this have something to do with refresh rates and the video card?

In regards to refresh rates, I don't think so. It may come close to the contrast or other screen adjustments though, but if it's concentrated in one area, it rules that out (contrast part). Refresh rates cause flickering.

Yeah, that's probably the easiest way. There should be warranty on it. It's only two months old and I think PCs have a standard 1-year warranty (or at least, it should).

Sorry to bring this thread up again. I Emailed ACER (the laptops manufacturer) and they havent responded, and it's been a few weeks since I emailed them. Typical huh? anyway, the screen is still faulty. The strips still there, but i've discovered that if you squeeze the top of the screen, just above the strip, it disappears and the screen goes back to normal. but I cant get it to stay normal. What dya think?

Back
Top Bottom