Typing Issue (Virus or not?)

Spooney

Baseband Member
I've got a bit of a typing problem here and it isn't because my fingers are fat. Everytime I type I have to delete something to get a proper sentence/word.

For example: When I type "y" it comes out "yh". So as I'm typing right now, I'm having to go back and fix these errors. Listed below are all of the typing problems.

yh
rf
ik
0;
1q

Thiks ikks a sentence wikthout anyh ediktikng.

In addition to this, sometimes the volume for my speakers will go mute without me having to do anything and sometimes there is a random shutdown of the computer.

I'm wondering if this is some kind of virus or something similar. I can't seem to find the problem with Spybot, AVG or Spysweeper. I did, however, find in Spybot a "hotkeyshook" but I deleted that. Any help is much appreciated.

Well, it might just be because you have fat fingers. As I can see, "i" is right above "k" as is "y" and "h". I have never heard of a virus that did that. Most people are more malicious than that. Try checking your keyboard setting in control panel...That might help...never heard of this before...

-thecoolkidontheblock

This has happened to me on a school computer a few times. And it most definitely ain't fat fingers. :D

Since there is other problems it could be a virus.
Try this:
start -> run -> msconfig -> startup and then check if there are any bad things in there. If u don't know what something is just google it. Then uncheck the bad ones and reboot.

Oh, and make sure that u don't disable anything important, some viruses have their process name almost identical to some windows applications.

Fat fingers LOL ... it logical .. boot into safe mode and see if the same problem is there. If yes report back.

Problem has been solved. It turned out to be the keyboard itself. I was thinking back and remembered that I spilled a lot of stuff on it (Juice, pop). The keyboard had a volume control on it as well so now it makes a lot more sense.

Back
Top Bottom