Configure me a computer 1000 not including CPU

Yes, Socket 939 motherboards do support DDR500, although there is no such thing as DDR500! You wanna get some PC3700 if your overclocking. Below is an example spec, no prices sorry:

Antec P180
Asus A8N-SLI
Seasonic 600W
Corsair Value DDR400 RAM
ATi X800GTO2 (squared) - great card and pipelines can be unlocked
Samsung SpinPoint 250GB SATA2 hard drive - Like a bat out of hell with a mute switch :p

Take a look at those components. If you wanted to overclock, you can just put a divider on the RAM.

needforspeed said:
Yes, Socket 939 motherboards do support DDR500, although there is no such thing as DDR500! You wanna get some PC3700 if your overclocking.

sure there is ddr500. But it's quite rare.

mammikoura said:
sure there is ddr500. But it's quite rare.
Quite rare? I dont think so, it depends what timings you want for it. If its 2-2-2-5, there is only 1 manufacturer left that is making 1GB (2X512) and that is OCZ. Mushkin stopped making their Redlines (2X512). So only OCZ Gold DDR500 is left. Better get it quick because Winbond is going to stop making the BH-5/UTT chips soon.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227205

BH-5 has been succeeded by CH-5, which overclock just as well, with slightly less voltage. I'd go for the Redlines time and time again, even if I had to buy of eBay. Their legendary!

back to the case thing, I went to cmopusa, and after 50 MIR, you can get the case for 100 without shipping, apposed to like 125 plus shipping.

prosser13 said:
BH-5 has been succeeded by CH-5, which overclock just as well, with slightly less voltage. I'd go for the Redlines time and time again, even if I had to buy of eBay. Their legendary!

Actually, BH-5's were better than CH-5's. CH-5's couldnt do 300+FSB with 2-2-2-5. BH-5's could.

the setup looks fine except y not get an opteron 939 cpu? its been proven that they easily overclock to 3GHz so theyre just as good as the fx cpus and dont get an asus motherboard i have one now and im really limited for overclocking cause the voltages dont go high enough (only to 1.55v for the cpu :() so get a DFI motherboard because they go a lot higher

Back
Top Bottom