--------Custom Computers---------

Pandemic-Design said:
Im aware of this, how can i compete with parting out parts compared to a giant distributor like newegg. He asked for prices for parts, I gave him prices. You dont have to buy my parts. If you want to buy cheap parts seperate, Newegg.com has em for probably the lowest. My parts also include shipping, which can range from 10-20$. I also dont buy 200 video cards at a time like newegg does :)

My price for a fully built PC is probably the best your gonna get for a custom PC over the $500-600 range. Except for huge sales that Dell,HP,ect.. does every once in a while. A lot of custom PC sellers like to charge $100 for shipping, why i ask...??? Shipping is usually under $50. All my computers include free shipping inside the contiguous 48 states, and still are cheaper than most sites.

Wow. Are you joking? I can build a rig way better than that for cheap. Here's what I put together for $1400.00:

CASE : HOT NEW! Xplorer Mid-Tower Case 600W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (Black Case w/Black Face)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLONâ„¢64 3700+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset (Optional, I can also give a MSI or DFi)
SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/Gb-LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair XMS High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GTX 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : NONE
HARD DRIVE : 120GB Hard Drive (Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA 133 Hard Drive)
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : SONY DWQ-28A DUAL FORMAT 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : SONY 16X DVD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Price: $1440.00

You charge 1500 for 2 6600 GT's? Are you joking? That's the worst deal I've ever seen. Stop charging more for less.

Anyone interested in me building them a rig hit me up.

This kid is a joke.

Singularity said:
Wow. Are you joking? I can build a rig way better than that for cheap. Here's what I put together for $1400.00:

CASE : HOT NEW! Xplorer Mid-Tower Case 600W W/ WINDOW & LCD Temperature Display (Black Case w/Black Face)
CPU : (939-pin) AMD ATHLONâ„¢64 3700+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology
MOTHERBOARD : (Sckt939)ASUS A8N SLI Deluxe nForce4 SLI Chipset (Optional, I can also give a MSI or DFi)
SATA RAID Dual PCIE MB w/Gb-LAN,USB2.0,IEEE-1394,&7.1Audio
MEMORY : 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY (Corsair XMS High Performance Memory w/ Heat Spreader)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 7800 GTX 256MB 16X PCI Express Video Card
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : NONE
HARD DRIVE : 120GB Hard Drive (Maxtor 120GB 7200RPM Ultra ATA 133 Hard Drive)
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : SONY DWQ-28A DUAL FORMAT 16X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : SONY 16X DVD-ROM (BLACK COLOR)
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
Price: $1440.00

You charge 1500 for 2 6600 GT's? Are you joking? That's the worst deal I've ever seen. Stop charging more for less.

Anyone interested in me building them a rig hit me up.

This kid is a joke.

Maybe you should be aware of some of these factors:
1) Im not using the $10 power supply they put stock in cases, im using a top of the line PSU unit, costing over $100
2) Im not using the lowest quality HDD made, Seagate is known for great reliability and performance. But thats beside the point. Maybe you arnt aware that the last computer ive seen with IDE was a good couple years ago. SATA's performance increase is more than double that of IDE. Im also using (2) 80G's in a RAID 0 configuration, to boost the speed even more.
3) Im not using an onboard sound device. Doing this will bottle-neck your computer to no other.
4) Im not aware or not if your case is steel or aluminum, but i doubt its aluminum, and since its steel, the internal parts will have a higher temperature. You also have a mid-tower, your case is worth about 1/3 of the one im using.
5) That price included shipping.
6) I dont see any operating system on there??? Those arnt to cheap...

So basically the only up you have is the video card, which is about +$100. So if i build that PC it would be closer to the $1300 or less range... Thank you for your input, but maybe when you learn something about computers, come back and see me.

so really you made a way "worser" rig...

Computergen said:
1) Good point, although you don't need to spend 100 dollars for a quality PSU with a good amount of wattage and SLi Ready.
2)Very True.
3)LMAO! Bottleneck...not really..
4)If he has proper cooling it shouldn;t matter.....my case is steel and I use the stock heatsink and idle at 28C!
6)http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16837102151

That particular PSU is over 100, though you can find good ones at around $60, anything lower is kinda skeptical
Bottleneck isnt quite the right word, but if your gaming with onboard, compared to a top sound card, there can be a performance increase. This was meant to be a gaming PC. Small, but noticable difference to the advanced gamer. And that reason was to show why his PC was cheaper...
Temperature isnt going to ruin the PC, but lower temperatures can let you produce higher over-clocking with less fans.
Thats where i get my operating systems, theyre half the price if you go to the store, but still they arnt cheap.

Man you guys like to fight about nothing...if you like what he's doing give him props otherwise why don't you just move on. Sure you may be able to build a system for less but what about just that...building for some of us that is well worth spending $200 $300 or more on just to know that it's done right. I've been looking into building my first AMD computer since last summer but don't feel comfortable with my ability to do so yet so a guy like Pandemic Design is perfect for me. Phew I feel better, like I said he's in business to make money so please just chill and let the guy work.

think u should lower the price of the x-36 being u can get a hp desktop with flat screen monitor with better specs for 50bucks more. the hp has a 3400 200gig hd monitor 512 pc3200 ram wich is better wat u have for only a little more. so i would suggest lowering some of ur prices. but they nice pcs though.

The lower configuration PC's are harder for me to compete against big companies like dell, HP, ect... The quality is the difference between me and those companys. Yes, if you need a straight cut nothing but email and word processing compuer, dell is for you. If your looking for something with better quality parts, and better made PC's that can be upgraded(more than the dell/HP) then my low end pc's are better. My higher PC's are a lot cheaper than most other high end pc companies. Thanks for your comment though.

Back
Top Bottom