Ethernet Problem

zonogon

Solid State Member
I just reformatted and installed all my drivers. I use a K8N Neo2 AMD 64 motherboard. I had to install the driver for the onboard ethernet card and I did so. I hook it up to my modem and the light lights up for the ethernet being connected. I check my packets and it says that im sending packets but I cant recieve it. Does anyone know whats wrong?

Buy a $15 PCI Ethernet card and disable the onboard ethernet through the bios. Could save you a lot of headaches :)

well it was working before i reformatted, i dont think its nessary to waste my money when theres a minor thing causing the problem.

zonogon said:
i dont think its nessary to waste my money when theres a minor thing causing the problem.

lol, that's what I thought, but I spent more then $15 of my time reinstalling and updating the ethernet drivers on my ASUS P4P800. Probably a totally different problem, but onboard ethernet problems seem somewhat common.

Your best bet is to uninstall all the drivers, reflash your bios with the latest version, then find all the latest drivers for your mobo and install those.

Best bet is to use the Windows inbuilt Repair thing. Double click on the two PCs, choose the other tab, and click on repair. Also, it may have the wrong IP address. Go to Command Prompt, and type in IP Config. Check your router or the other PC and try and find out what it should be. Then renew the IP address. Also, go to View Network Connections in Network Places, and find the settings. Make sure the DNS and your IP address are right there also.

Back
Top Bottom