AMD 3500+ or AMD 3700+

That one is nice too but if the case you have has a window I wouldnt really want to see that thing inside. But it is still a nice board.

Well that one only has AGP and that is starting to become outdated so I would look for somthing that has a pci express x16 slot

golf_addict73 said:
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16813131569

what about that board....I know its a little more expensive and would like to find something cheaper........

I need all of your recommendations....Give me 2 or 3 to pick from so i can choose the most reliable

Thats the same board I have. I have the same processor you will get (3500). I can run it at 2.7GHz w/ that board.... It also has this option called AI. AI can let the motherboard overclock your comp by up to 10%. If you want to save lifetme on your CPU, there is an option called AI N.O.S. if you're running a 3d game it automaticly overclcoks your comp for the best stable performance. Despite what some people dsay, this board is beautiful. I have a see thru case and I usually die in games because I'm so busy watching the motherboard and all the fans.

HRHunteRHR said:
Thats the same board I have. I have the same processor you will get (3500). I can run it at 2.7GHz w/ that board.... It also has this option called AI. AI can let the motherboard overclock your comp by up to 10%. If you want to save lifetme on your CPU, there is an option called AI N.O.S. if you're running a 3d game it automaticly overclcoks your comp for the best stable performance. Despite what some people dsay, this board is beautiful. I have a see thru case and I usually die in games because I'm so busy watching the motherboard and all the fans.

No offense but how can brown look nice in a computer case? And golf addict if you dont plan on doing much overclocking that memory will be fine.

no offense $30?

i would spend it. cuz everytime ur computer is locking up or slwoing down you will curse urself for not getting the faster one

well not really but i would pay the 30

and golf addict73 what duz ur sig mean?

well....i ordered my computer parts....
Abit AN8-ultra 939
Patriot signature series (2x512)
AMD athlon 64 X2 3800+
seagate barracuda 80GB serial ATA
samsung black 1.44mb floppy
lite on black IDE cd burner
Sapphire radeon X300SE 128MB

Thats my new rig...i don't game so i don't care about the vid card...i'll update my sig when i get all the stuff

I like that Abit motherboard. It's a good performance board to me. I would get the Abit Fatal1ty, but that's for hard core users. That system should last you a good year or two. Can't wait for Socket M2 to come out along with DDR2 SDRAM to go with it. I would also like to see games and other software provide dual core support, dammit. Hardware is exceeding software. Come on lazy programmers. Get with the program.

Back
Top Bottom