linux and windows

mr.monger

BSOD
can someone help me on installing linux and windows on the same machine? i already have windows installed and i have 2 hds so it shouldnt be too hard.

btw which one is good? i was thinking red hat, but recommend some.
ty

Get fedora core (now called fedora) or redhat then. I don't think redhat is free anymore though. Here's a website where you can download most of the distros for free-
http://www.linuxiso.org/

Keep in mind though that when you burn the downloaded files onto cds or a dvd, you can't burn em like you burn other files. These are ISO files

well its between red hat fedora slackware or gentoo. yes i know gentoo and slackware are hard to use, but i want to at least try.

so which one do you think?

Gentoo is amzingly hard to install ... only and only recommended for experienced users, for those who are new to linux like you and me, go for fedora core 4 ... very friendly if you ask me ...
Anyhow, you need to partition your hard drive if you want to install and run windows or linux on the same computer ... you might be gifted with money and be able to buy a program like Partition Magic or you can use the free program called Qtparted which is included on nearly every single linux live cd ...

which partition should i use? linux swap or linux extended 2/3 or what? i have absolutely no idea.

btw ty for all the help so far.

Back
Top Bottom