Damn Half life 2..

Half Evil

Golden Master
WTF? i install it right, then because i lost my other hard drive, in the consol i typed "map [mapname]" and went to the place on my other hard drive, if u kno what i mean. and when i play, there are parts where igo, it totally freezes, up, and i need to reboot. then ill try it again, i get further in the game, and then BAM, just stops...so what the hell do i do.. any ideas?

tried that. and it happened again,and i was like screw it, so i posted this, and went to bed..

nah, never work doing that with my problems, lol...
but damn, its happening again, maybe the resolution, or settings are too high for my graphic card? though it chose everything, i didnt choose settings...

What do you mean, you lost your other hard drive? Reinstall Half Life 2 completely on your working hard drive. It sounds like it can't find a file.

Alternatively, it may be your graphics cards. Check the temperatures, using Everest is my suggestion. Upload them onto the Net and post them up. It may be your CPU or GPU overheating. Have you overclocked them at all?

well yeah, i lost a hard drive, due to power serge, and, i just installed hl2 on this one, well i didnt just do it, i did it a long time ago, so i could play source. and i did, no problem, but when i play hl2, it goes crazy, and i did try reinstaling the software... didnt do anything. well i didnt literally uninstall it, i just installed it again..

go to C:\Programs\valve\steam\steamapps\**YOURSTEAMNAME**\and pick the folder of the game your wanting to fix now2 DELETE the Config folder, it will clear alll your maps but will fix the problem.

erm, why would i wanna do that, then i couldnt play, reguarldless if i fixed the problem, when i reinstall it get to the maps back, then it would also undo what eva got fixed...

No you will still be able to play, that folder only holds maps and custom sounds and key setup. Also when you uninstall it it DOES NOT delete the config folder.. :) hope that helps!

Back
Top Bottom