Xbox 360 and PS3 ...computers?????

Ya does Ps3 run on a linux, microsoft, mac os,scaled down of course, or does it run on something sony. Im only asking because the xbox360 has a toned down version of windows on it.

Well, like I said, the OS on a console isn't anything like a traditional PC OS. It's basically a simple platform for the games to run from. Console designers (i.e. Sony and Microsoft) develop their own OS, so it's not like they're just using Windows on them.

HRHunteRHR said:
There would always be something running in the background. How would the cdrom be able to read the game all by itself? They'd have to have cd-roms meant for that, with some strange firmware. Either way, what you're thinking of is a console... such as the Xbox360, or the PS3, things with very little daemons in the background.

Well yeah I know about that, what I guess I should say is nothing un needed.
half the crap running in the background on windows we probably wouldn't care for if we were trying to play a game.

MikeReiner said:
Well yeah I know about that, what I guess I should say is nothing un needed.
half the crap running in the background on windows we probably wouldn't care for if we were trying to play a game.

That's why you buy a console....

Another plus about the console is the COUCH! :D Nothing beats the good ol' couch for a good round of gaming. :)

Back
Top Bottom