pentium m 64 bit?

HRHunteRHR said:
LOL! Sorry man but I just really don't like Intel so my fan boy instincts kicked in.

Hey and your little "The Yonah core will win" statement isn't a completely unbacked statement?? Linux is two times as nice for the average person, yet they continue to use the Windows OS.... SO just because that thing might be better, doesn't mean people are going to use it. I mean, what average computer person (that makes up probobly 60% of the computer-using population; and they believe computers are bred for iPods and movies) is going to use a 64 bit dual core Pentium. Oh yes, what is this "65nm" thign anyways??? Never heard of it. :(

I'll keep out the Linux V Windows debates. People always like to uprise against the successful. If you haven't already read my reply to one of your past posts regarding Linux, read it here http://www.computerforums.org/showpost.php?p=273748&postcount=17

At least he stated a reason why the Yonah core might 'win'. It's dual core. 65nm is the manufacturing process. Its the size each transistor is on the CPU. 65nm is 6.5x10^-8 meters. Very small. The smaller the Manufacturing method, the lower the voltage needed, hence the lower the relative heat output. It also means that more CPU dies can be made in a wafer during manufacturing that leads so cheaper chips.

I'm not a blind Linux fanboy, and I don't hate Microsoft, did I say I did?

4 CPU's will use up your ram because the ram is used in applications, and if you have 4 processors running different programs, the ram has to work with the processor. How can it effectively distribute itself amongst 4 processors and programs?? It can't. At least, not at a very good rate.

how do you know it wont be cheap? moving to the 65nm platform will make them cheaper. Because you can make more chips from a single wafer. A wafer is a giant circle of silicon that is used in semi conductors. They are roughly 200mm in diameter.

HRHunteRHR said:
LOL! Sorry man but I just really don't like Intel so my fan boy instincts kicked in.

Hey and your little "The Yonah core will win" statement isn't a completely unbacked statement?? Linux is two times as nice for the average person, yet they continue to use the Windows OS.... SO just because that thing might be better, doesn't mean people are going to use it. I mean, what average computer person (that makes up probobly 60% of the computer-using population; and they believe computers are bred for iPods and movies) is going to use a 64 bit dual core Pentium. Oh yes, what is this "65nm" thign anyways??? Never heard of it. :(

There's a difference. I said that it'll own, not win. The winner hasn't been determined, but I just said that it'll own. Owning doesn't mean it'll win, but it'll sure kick ass. ;)

ownage said:
how do you know it wont be cheap? moving to the 65nm platform will make them cheaper. Because you can make more chips from a single wafer. A wafer is a giant circle of silicon that is used in semi conductors. They are roughly 200mm in diameter.

They will be expensive, TRUST ME.

It's Intel man.

Keep in mind that this is a mobile processor we're talking about. Mobile processors are always more expensive. However, the new 65nm process WILL allow prices to go down, because they can make more chips per wafer.

Don't make any assumptions that just because it's Intel, it automatically means that it will be expensive. :rolleyes:

Take into account intel dings you on the price to pay for all their fancy advertising, brainwashing and monopolising.

Back
Top Bottom