SLI supposed to increase performance?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
Alright my bro has two 6600gt 128mb PCI-E and he SLI them, and he did the Counter-strike source stress test thing, and he did it with 1 card only and got 36FPS, but when he did it with SLI he only got 48FPS. Is this how it is supposed to be? He has the latest drivers and all that, when he plays HL2 he says it seems to run better with just 1 of the cards, does anyone know what is wrong?

Thanks

Wow, what's the rest of the setup? I get 74fps, with all graphics options maxed, 1280x1024, and 4xaa and 4xaf. Two 6600GTs should get better than the results he's getting.

I dont know about the whole one better than the other thing, but his CPU or his RAM maybe be bottle necking the 2.

ROFL my geforce 4mx 4000 is pulling that off :S and this comp aint 2 good aswell 2.4ghz pent 4, 256mb ram :S

AOD said:
ROFL my geforce 4mx 4000 is pulling that off :S and this comp aint 2 good aswell 2.4ghz pent 4, 256mb ram :S

But u are running normal CS aren't u. Atleast that's what u said in the other thread. He is running CS source. They are very different and source requires alot more from ur computer.

most likely yes, he's running 1.6.
as for the performance of those 6600GTs.. IMO, he just wasted his cash on a 2nd 6600gt.
if he never bought either of them and bought just one 6800GT, he'd save $10, and get a way better value.

and on the other hand, the fps hes getting leads me to think he has weak ram and/or cpu.

one 6600GT can push CS source at 1024x768 all settings cranked up (cept AA of coarse) and get an average of 100 fps or so... so yeah

I think I know what the problem is.
The psu ain't giving enough power for the 2 cards to work well.
How much wattage does the PSU have?

Back
Top Bottom