My ridiculously expensive computer..to be

the problem with this mobo is that it only runs ecc registered RAM which is expensive but is also useful.

yeah im also considering saving like $1300 by opting for the nvidia 7800gtx 512mb instead of the $2000 Nvidia quadro fx4500. again im not sure what to do with the monitors i need a large monitor (larger than 19") but it seems all monitors loose performance after crossing the 19" mark.

wow i didnt kno opteron was that good. i thought it was a better version of semperon...no wonder they use 200 combined opterons in crays.

Zaki said:
yeah im also considering saving like $1300 by opting for the nvidia 7800gtx 512mb instead of the $2000 Nvidia quadro fx4500. again im not sure what to do with the monitors i need a large monitor (larger than 19") but it seems all monitors loose performance after crossing the 19" mark.

LCD's might, but my 21" crt works very well. The only downside is that it can go only up to 85 hrz.

haha isnt 85hz the highest any monitor can go? anyway i would get the 939 pin opteron instead of the 940 so find a diff motherboard, other than that everything looks good

yeah 939 is better cas most of the amd's atm r 939 but the m2 socket coming out sum time but the 939 sckt is most used atm

yeah CRTs are definetly better quality, but im afraid i dont have room for an 80 lb. beast on my desk. the socket 939 only supports the Opteron 100s which as far as i know are not as good as the Opteron 200s and the socket 939 boards can only be expanded up to 4 gigs of ram, and im looking at about 6-8 gigs of ram eventually. BUT i might change my mind if someone can show me that the socket 939 Amd Opteron 100 line is as good as Opteron 200 line-up. And im talking only dual-core.

whats the m-2 socket thing? is it the socket for the future cpus or what?

Back
Top Bottom