bfg or evga video card?

the BFG would be better. But as already mentioned u should not get a card like MX4000. U might be lucky to get 10 FPS in doom3 with the lowest settings.
Ur best bet is the 6600GT or if u can spend a little more then the 6800GS.
There ain't a point in getting such a cheap card, it won't play any current games.

thanks guys! this thread really helped a lot.

one more question: does it make a large difference on who the manufacturer of the video card is? or is it just about the graphic processor?

kenlo said:
thanks guys! this thread really helped a lot.

one more question: does it make a large difference on who the manufacturer of the video card is? or is it just about the graphic processor?

There is some differences. Some manufacturers have higher clock frequencies than others. And the cooling is different. Other than those it's quite much the same, ofcourse some small differences but nothing big.

kenlo said:
also, would an fx5500 be better than an mx4000? how do the different nvidia graphic processor series compare with each other?

AHHAHAHAHAH You need to read some, man. The mx400 is like 4 years old!! It won't even run Doom3.... Get something like this...

YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST THIS TO RUN ANY NEW GAME.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150113

And I'm not joking. What specs abotu your computer do you have because you are very clueless.

Download and run this and tell us what it says:

www.cpuid.com/cpuz

kenlo said:
i have an agp slot, and i'm just looking for a card that will allow me to play some games like call of duty2 or doom3 on reasonable settings, not really at top graphics. plus i'm planning on learning graphic design as a hobby. do i really need something as intensive as a 7800gt?
if u are planning to play either of those games u need at least a 6600gt but if u cant afford that then go for the bfg one just dont try to play those games on it cause u'll get about 10fps on the lowest settings

lol my mx4000 runs css at 50 fps oc'd of course tho but still it really really crappy compared 2 the new card i getting X800GT XD can't wait oc'd i'll hopefully get like 100 fps is i lucky XD

HRHunteRHR said:
Why are you buying an MX400. Nowadays, onboard video is better than an mx400....

Depends which Integrated video. If you get the ATI Xpress 200 or the nVIDIA 6100/6150, then it'll be better than a MX400, although the MX400 isn't bad to begin with.

I personally like BFG Tech, but both BFG Tech and eVGA are very reliable and well known brands, and I would recommend both.

HRHunteRHR said:
AHHAHAHAHAH You need to read some, man. The mx400 is like 4 years old!! It won't even run Doom3.... Get something like this...

YOU WILL HAVE TO HAVE AT LEAST THIS TO RUN ANY NEW GAME.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814150113

And I'm not joking. What specs abotu your computer do you have because you are very clueless.

Download and run this and tell us what it says:

www.cpuid.com/cpuz

6600GT is a tad more pricey, and it is by no means the MINIMUM to run new games.

my old GeForceFX5200 is good enough to play hl2, css, CoD2, doom3, etc..
low graphics settings, not the best fps ever, but atleast you wont spend a shit load of cash just to play a damn game.

Back
Top Bottom