Should I get a dual core?

O.K. how is that intel flash movie going to help sales. It just proved that dual-cores and hyper threading was superior.70% of their processors have hyper threading, and the other 30% are being almost phased out or shunned. So now we know that your old cpus are worthless. Point 2 made: Our dual core processors kick the hell out of single core processors. That helps single core processors how? Last time i checked they only have 4-5models of dual cores and numerous single core cpus. The marketing department an intel is stupid. And its not like the pentium d's are even that much more expensive. They are basically in the same price range, so its not like they are pushing a more expensivve product at you. NOT LOGICAL.

Dual-cores won't boost your gaming performance, because most games don't take advantage of the dual processors. However, the same cannot be said for it's multitasking capabilites.

So in your case, get a single core for now, unless you really want to have bragging rights for a dual-core. :p

No. How is it revolting? It's simple, yes. But, it's not revolting in any way.

No, go for a dual-core CPU. If you can afford the X2 3800+, I suggest getting it, cause I'm sure that soon, software will be optimized for dual-core CPU's.

Back
Top Bottom