Bit torrents

Fisher

Fully Optimized
hello everyone.

i have serval questions about bit torrents:

what are bit torrents, are they legal, how do they work, do you download the files or stream them of the internet, what are the best sites out there for bit torrents, do they come with spyware and ill ask again are they legal?

1. What is bittorrent? It's just another p2p program, but usually there is hundreds of ppl connected to eachother.

2. Is it legal?
Yes the program is 100% legal. But if u download copyrighted material that is illegal. There is not a single program that lets u download copyrighted material legally without paying for everything that u download.

3. How do they work?
Shortly, u download a torrent file. It is the file that ur BitTorrent client reads, it takes info about the tracker and then connects u to the tracker, from where u will automatically start downloading the file.

4. do you download the files or stream them of the internet?
u download the files

5. what are the best sites out there for bit torrents?
Depends on what are u looking for.

6. Do they come with spyware?
I have never encountered any spyware, and on most sites there are warning (by the ppl who already downloaded it) if there is a virus/spyware/something like that.

Torrent files, and bitorrent the software are all legal, the system it works on is legal. The sharing of copywrighted material however is not. Its much the same as p2p in terms of legality.

Voodoo Child said:
ya i wouldnt advise bittorrent. someone downlloaded a movie off of it. and got there internet taken away.
Well that's what u get when u do illegal stuff. No matter what program u use u are doing illegal stuff and if u get caught who knows what happens.

Fisher said:
hello everyone.

i have serval questions about bit torrents:

what are bit torrents, are they legal, how do they work, do you download the files or stream them of the internet, what are the best sites out there for bit torrents, do they come with spyware and ill ask again are they legal?

I wouldn't advise using it for a few reasons.

1. Alot of things are hard to find legal (if you're even using it leagaly, not saying I did but alot of people do).

2. Sometimes, you don't even know if what you're downloading is worth it or if it's a virus because alot of retards put super spyware disguised with "Cool Free Game!".

3. You have to open ports if you use the good stuff. http://azureus.sourceforge.net/

4. Alot of times the good sites won't have anything good that's LEGAL.

5. I have had to reset my internet connection via my ISP and close down a bunch of ports because a hacker got through and did port scans on my network. Now imagine how that was for me, a 15 year old being taken seriously by an ISP.... :(

6. I mean come on, who really uses that stuff for legal things?? NO ONE!! That's why I don't use it. :cool:

please dont talk about torrents on this forum. even though u might not use it others will find one and use it. do not use this watsoever just to be safe. it can contain viruses etc. and plus techinically it is illegal because ur downloading something of the internet free. that you are suppose to pay for. PLEASE DO NOT USE IT OR ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO USE IT.

bit torrent is legal or illegal depends wut u think of p2p file sharing.
its jus a different program, like kazaa, limewire, ares

Back
Top Bottom