local area connection

dbone

Baseband Member
when i try and connect to my network it tells me that a "local area connection 3. a network cable is unplugged." i thought i had a wireless network set up, what did i do wrong?

i'm assuming windows xp...

Can you still connect to the internet?
Also, if there is a wireless connection up and a wired connection make sure the wired is disabled(creates a conflict).If one network connection only, try going to network connections, deleting all connection settings, and then going through the create a network wizard.

Make sure you're using RJ45 wire and not a crossover wire. I had that problem once when installing a Virison DSL Modem.

Also, try disabling a wired connection, then disabling the wireless connection, then reenable the wireless connection. That might work.

if your connecting your pc to a wireless router, it doesnt matter if its staright through or crossover

1337DuD3 said:
Make sure you're using RJ45 wire and not a crossover wire. I had that problem once when installing a Virison DSL Modem.

Also, try disabling a wired connection, then disabling the wireless connection, then reenable the wireless connection. That might work.

Just thought you should know(nothing bad meant by this):
RJ45 is just the connector at the end of the wire. no such thing as a RJ45 wire. You mean a straight through cable.

Crossover cables also use RJ45 connectors/jacks.

Back
Top Bottom