Dvorak OR Qwerty?? Which is better?

coolguy1

Baseband Member
Hi Guyz, I'm trying to learn typing and i have done 3 classes in Qwerty, but my friend has suggested me to learn Typing in Dvorak and its absolutely brilliant and we got so many advantages, still we dont get Dvorak key boards and its a problem to keep change the setting of all the computers we use. So before me learning to type, i want a suggestion from all of you as to which method of typing is good for me.......Dvorak or Qwerty??? Please reply soon...
Thanks.

I don't get Dvorak keyboards. Querty is more well known and easier for me.

I suggest you learn QWERTY for now as a base. Almost all English keyboards are QWERTY, and learning Dvorak would probably just confuse you at this point. Go back and learn Dvorak once you are solid at QWERTY.

Whats the point of using anything apart from qwerty as it is the biggest well known keyboard\?

But it takes around 2 weeks to learn Dvorak good enough to type and just with the Home Row, we can type around 70% of the English Words and that makes the job easier.

Thanks for ur views though.

Still Confused! :rolleyes:

QWERTY Keyboards were desgined to slow you down typing. Typewriters used to get jammed because people typed so fast. Hence this keyboard came about

So therfore dvorak would let you type faster but there really pointless since no one has them :D

99nasha said:
QWERTY Keyboards were desgined to slow you down typing. Typewriters used to get jammed because people typed so fast. Hence this keyboard came about

So therfore dvorak would let you type faster but there really pointless since no one has them :D

What do you mean by " no one has them" cuz all the Computers here has in-built Keyboard selection, the only problem is to change the keyboard or else jsut used to the regular keyboard still typing Dvorak and getting stickers of letters attached on the keyboard and make it Dvorak! :D that really works and my friends has got it!

Back
Top Bottom