computer has power.......

clandestinex337

In Runtime
i just built my computer and when i turned it on no image showed up on the screen and the computer beeps every five seconds.

ownage said:
check if your RAM is in the right way.

it is, it souds like its beaping from like the HD, i think i have it hooked up the right way, i have the ribbion cabel hooked to it and a cabel from the power supply. is that all that has to be hooked to it?

Have you checked for everything? Video card placed right? Good monitor? Good cables? Is the boot up process working? Do you hear the hd whirring? Is your cpu even placed right? There are a lot of things...

so all the cabels should be hooked up right? if i have power and everythig nis running, its probably the hardware, that is probably no in correctly? the cd drive and all that opens, the power buttons works, all the fans work, so it has to be a hardware problem?

im at school atm, and i dont have a comp at home, so im trying to get as much info as possible, so when i get home i will probably HOPEFULLY get this thing put toghtehr

Yeha, it's hardware. Unless you just built it and you have no OS. If everything is in right, and you haven't loaded in microsoft or linux for that mattter, don't be expecting an OS to load if you haven't put the CD in. Did you do that?

If nothing at all appears on the screen, then it probably isn't the hard-drive (but I might be wrong) - the computer encounters the problem before accessing the HDD.

It could be your CPU, RAM, Mobo, BIOS chip, to be sure you'll need to decode the beeps, that'll tell you what's wrong.

spank_fusion said:
Yeah man, check your motherboard manual for beep codes like mammi said. What are your specs?
DFI LANPARTY nF4 SLI-DR Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136151
AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 1GHz FSB Socket 939 Dual Core Processor Model ADA3800BVBOX - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103562

3 sticks of 512 Kingston Memory DDR-400
EvgA 6800 ultra 256 PCI-E

edit: and for my processor, i had to installed it the right way, becuase the CPU only goes in one way, and the heat sink i think you can click it into place 2 diff ways. so i dont think it is the CPU hopefully.... man im scared somethiung is going to be broken

edit edit: where on the DFI site can i find out what the beaps mean?

Back
Top Bottom