windows wont start

ericf19931

Daemon Poster
i have windos xp pro and when i start it up it just freezes on that screen with the XP logo. sometimes it freezes when the blue bar comes out.does anyone no a solution??

is this a new computer that u just built?
If not then when did this problem start, and what did u do just before it started?

If Windows starts loading and then hangs without error messages, I think it's either:

a) Hosed Windows install
b) Hosed hard drive.

i just put it to stand by and the windows just froze. so i reseted my computer and it just started happening. and no i got this computer last year.

I agree with malbuc87uk.

You may want to consider reinstalling Windows using the full format option, if you havent got much to save on your current system.

If you have got stuff to save, get hold of someone who has a hard drive transferer, to copy your files on to another computer while you reinstall.

try going into safe mode first and see if it will go through without freezing, to get into safe mode press F8 a bunch of times and you will get a few options, and pick safe mode, if that doesn't work do trhe same thing with F8 and pick last good configuration, if neither work post with the results and i'll see what else i can do

Back
Top Bottom