Thermal Paste....

MarxSoccer said:
When you apply it, don't ever think you don't have enough, apply just a LITTLE, then wipe it away with a credit card or something along those lines..

Here's something I just found really quick.. http://www.overclock.net/faqs/47757-how-apply-thermal-compound.html

:eek:
hey i taught u t he credit card thign:) anyway yea basically its just to have mroe contact so theres more surface area to transfer heat. i really advise you to do it or else it might not end up pretty at then end because u can break other compnents too.

Feircepc said:
:eek:
hey i taught u t he credit card thign:) anyway yea basically its just to have mroe contact so theres more surface area to transfer heat. i really advise you to do it or else it might not end up pretty at then end because u can break other compnents too.

Um, not sure if you did, it's a pretty old trick I've known for a while. Not meaning to show you up or anything, I know you have the knowledge :)

Think of it like a CD, and using toothpaste. Your CD is your processor toothpaste is the thermal paste, and the laser that reads the CD is heat. Hopefully that makes enough sense to most of you without having to describe it in more detail..

Back
Top Bottom