Thermal Paste....

Thermal paste just smooths everything out, like say if there was a tiny scratch or too. The smoother, the better contact between the heatsink and cpu, resulting in heat being able to leave faster and more effectively.

well i dont have any now that I think abt it... if my CPU overheats, ill put some thermal paste on it and ship it back so they think i did everything right.... lol

Yes, always apply some sort of thermal compound whether it's thermal paste or grease. Most AMD CPU comes with thermal pad and that works great. Arctic Silver thermal grease does an excellent job too for the thermal pad replacement.

K well I'm not going to apply it so yea... I just installed a LAN card and a SoundBlaster Live 24 bit today so I'm hardwared out for the night....

HRHunteRHR said:
K well I'm not going to apply it so yea... I just installed a LAN card and a SoundBlaster Live 24 bit today so I'm hardwared out for the night....

lol

maybe with thermal paste u can oc ur 3500+ even more!! like to 3 ghz lol :p it makes a bout a 5c temp drop well artic silver stuff did for me

most heatsinks when you buya cpu already have some kind of paste or pad on them. if it doesn't have any go to your local computer shop or online its like 5 bucks and put like a small pea size on top of the cpu and flatten it out witha qtip it should only be about 1mm - 2mm thick.. dont use to much.. can't count how many times I get mobos from customers that have went bad cause they used a full tube of paste and screwed the mobo and cpu up.

Back
Top Bottom