Xbox 360 and PS3 ...computers?????

It really depends what you consider "fun". Nintendo games are known to be addicting and fun with out the Mature rating. The Xbox is known for it's awesome FPS's or racing games. The PlayStation has everything, but I don't really like the game series they have...

HRHunteRHR, I forgive you. You didn't need to be so anal about it, but that's okay.

For a PC, you can buy a cheap Logitech Wireless Rumblepad controller that looks just like the PS2 controllers. You get the full gameplay on your PC just as you would on a game console. The thing with computers is the flexibility of hardware support. As new games are coming out with better support of the hardware at hand, it's bound to be a great gaming experience. Game consoles are getting more and more like a standalone PC nowadays. I just wish Resident Evil was available for the PC. I remember Resident Evil 2, wow, talk about a suspenseful game.

I prefer to use a controller, rather than a keyboard and mouse. PC and Console gaming is both fun, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm using my Logitech controller to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 and it's a huge difference than playing on a keyboard. There are some moves you just can't pull off when using a keyboard. FPS and RTS, I use the keyboard and mouse combo a lot. Racing games, I'll pull out my Logitech gamepad again.

Steering wheels are the best for racing games, although gamepads work just fine too. I guess I just like to use analog sticks and triggers instead of the mouse and keyboard.

I love my Keyboard and Optical Mouse; They are, in my opinion, the best combination. For racing games I do use a Microsoft Gamepad, however, I have never really been able to get good at Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 controllers, so I am very partial to Keyboards. Also the gaming experiance on a PC is much more involved then on a Xbox/Gamecube/PS2 b/c you are much closer to the action.

alvino said:
It really depends what you consider "fun". Nintendo games are known to be addicting and fun with out the Mature rating. The Xbox is known for it's awesome FPS's or racing games. The PlayStation has everything, but I don't really like the game series they have...
I agree with you there - XBOX has good FPS games. The way I see it though, XBOX's game collection consists pretty much of sports games and Halo. I don't really care for either. And yeah, I wish they would have come out with a good FPS for PS2. :( Timesplitters was fun, but there was just something missing with that game. Half-Life and its derivatives (like Team Fortress) are the best, in my opinion.

TRDCorolla said:
For a PC, you can buy a cheap Logitech Wireless Rumblepad controller that looks just like the PS2 controllers. You get the full gameplay on your PC just as you would on a game console.
I still prefer playing on a big TV while chilling on my couch. It just doesn't feel as fun when you're sitting in front of a computer.

Haha, yeah couches are awesome.

Half-Life is pretty fun. I just got Half-Life 2 for Xbox, and it's easily one of the best Xbox games ever (up there with Halo and Halo 2). VALVe managed to fit the whole game with everything the PC version has, while keeping a decent frame-rate through out the whole game. My only complaint is the lack of multiplayer. That would be cool if VALVe released Counter-Strike: Source for the Xbox...it could replace the Xbox's original Counter-Strike game, which was due for some upgrading.

PC is GREAT for FPS games, RPGs, and MMOGs, and MMORPGS. As far as racing games and sports games go, stick to your console.

spank_fusion said:
A) Hmmm, it seems you are basing this on the game selection. I can see your point, but GameCube actually has a damn good game selection (better than XBOX, in my opinion). The first series that comes to mind is Resident Evil - the fourth one in particular. It's just an amazing game, and the graphics are superb. Then of course there are all the fun party games. The key word here is FUN. It's not about how good it looks. XBOX has the graphics, but they need to work on the fun factor. Then there's Goldeneye and the Zeldas and whatnot. I'm not going to mention all of them; I just want to say that I feel Nintendo does a good job with their games, and if you haven't had much experience with a GameCube, it's easy to agree with the popular argument that "the GameCube just sucks."

B) This I can also agree with to a point. My issue is that people lean too heavily on the specs now that they're posted everywhere. Again, specs are nice, but they're not the whole story. One of the differences between consoles and computers is that games can be uber customized to run on a particular set of hardware. Since consoles don't change, it's much easier to take full advantage of all the hardware instead of worrying about compatibility issues. Programming for a console is a lot different, too. Typical computer specs like processor speed isn't quite as important as it is for a PC. Graphical programming is a different kind of animal, and most people seem to be taking the traditional view of computer specs and applying them to console games which just doesn't work. They have to be put into the proper context.

wow, exactly, i couldnt have put it beter myself (and as you see, i tried ;) )
and yeah

HRHunteRHR PC is GREAT for FPS games, RPGs, and MMOGs, and MMORPGS. As far as racing games and sports games go, stick to your console.

i cannot imagin playin any rpg, mmog, or mmorpgs on a frickin xbox :rolleyes: that would b freakin crazy, but as far as fps's, i really have no preference whatsoever , but racing and sports, controller ;)

Back
Top Bottom