Serious Windows Problems, HELP!

BigLu

Daemon Poster
OK, I am having problems. First, My computer won't recognize ethernet, I plug it in, and the cord flashes and what not, but my computer doesn't recognize it, and I have re-installed my lan drivers. Next, sometimes I can't open my files or run programs. Also, sometimes windows won't boot and it will say something like, "cant' find file ...". I have reformatted becuase my hard drive completely locked up and wouldn't start windows, and now I'm still having lots of errors. Could this mean my hard drive is finally dying?

u got some issues

and uh did u build ur comp and this happen or did it happen after time?

what about spyware scan

and do you have warez? that SCREWED my comp

Ide suggest, reformatting once more, use minimal programs (just download things you really need) dont download p2p or anything for a bit, just couple of scanners, nothing that could be dodgy, and see if it stil has these problems, if it does then just buy a new hdd :)

Now, here's one thing i forgot to mention, my last computer fried, and in my attempts to save as much money as possible, I re-used the hard drive that endured the power supply meltdown. So, it took a it of coaxing to make it work in the first place, it's an old IDE, 2Mb cache, 5400rpm lugger. I think it is just finally dying.

can u load all of ur documents onto disc and reinstall windows but if u do make sure u reformat the hd be for reinstalling

Damn, assuming that your machine is a desktop, that HDD is lousy. I say just get a new 7,200rpm 8MB Cache HDD. Hitachi or Seagate are reliable brands.

Back
Top Bottom