dunh dunh dunnnnnh!

HRHunteRHR

BSOD
For those of us who remember booting up to windows 95, or even DOS, I have a little treat I'm about to show. I have booted up my old Compaq MX400 computer.

This baby still has the August, 1998 stamp on it from when it was first shipped out. It doesn't use the standard ATX, dosn't have a single USB port, and when I tired to install a graphics card, I learned that it doesn't even have an AGP slot, which is amusing, because that graphics card came off of a pentium 2. This baby is one of the first graphical computers to boot off, with 128Megabytes of PC100 (yes thats right, PC100) ram. I have modified it, and stuck in a 128M stick, a 256M stick, and one of the two 64M sticks. It even has a slot for notebook ram, which is convienent because for some reason we have two small sticks of Kingston notebook ram lying around the house. I have this thing booting up, and before I start unplugging and re-plugging the monitor back in, I'm going to research this computer a bit. I'm planning on just messing around with it and benchmarking, seeing if it still has the zip it used to have.

P.S: It has an 8G Quantum Fireball Hard drive.

jac006 said:
Very nice... You have an amazinly better comp now...
hahahah! That'd be HILARIOUS if I was getting like 2398742938423084-0238 fps on source! LOL if it could run doom 3!! LOOOOL! I HAVE to get off of my machine and switch monitors to install this, it's gonna be a blast! I'll provide you guys with results! :D

Hey

I have XP pro running on a old Toshiba laptop, Pent 2.....266

Nice computer though

Little help?

Hi I know this has nothing to do with your discussion, but I was wondering if someone could help me out.

First of all check out my computer's spec nice huh?
Anyway the computer is fine and it is great, but i was wondering:

I am thinking of buying the Creative Gigaworks 7.1 S750 (really nice speakers- very expensive though) and was wondering will my onboard sound be good enough?
Is it the 'real' 7.1, or should I invest in a 7.1 sound card?

The codec for the motherboard is: Azalia (C-Media 9880) 7.1-Channel Codec. Please go here to view full spec of motherboard: http://www.computerhq.com/Gigabyte_...-id-494551.html

What is a decoder will the speakers come with it?
This is how I see it (please tell me if i am wrong)-
The movie must be THX certified which means it is 7.1.
The sound output must be 7.1.
There must be a decoder in between the sound card/onboard sound to the speakers.
Speakers must be 7.1.

Does the software have to support 7.1? I am using Cyberlink PowerDVD quite a new version of it.

Please can someone explain fully and simply the way surround sound works what I will require and what DVD's support it. Also I read in a review of the speakers that they do not have digital in; what difference does it make and what does it use instead?
What is the best input source?
What is coax?

Also how do I know if the music or movie I am watching/listening is 7.1? Apparaently movies only support upto 6.1 at the moment as standard....... this is what I found on a websire reviewing the gigaworks:

- 'When you playback a DTS ES or Dolby Digital EX DVD you'll sit back, relax and chill with a nice smile on your face and that experience is of course fantastic. I have the DTS ES version of Lord of the Rings - Two Towers. I can tell you that is is extremely fun to listen to it. DTS ES however is 6.1 channel sound and it's as much as you'll get from the newest DVD right now. 7.1 is not yet standard and it'll take a while before it'll become common standard though......'

????????????????????????????????????

I know this sounds thick since I built my own computer but I don't know much about the sound side of it.

Oh one other question:
The Creative gigaworks does not come with an external decoder but the Logitech® Z-5500 Digital 5.1 does. I prefer the looks of Logitech but I would rather have the extra 155W of power and 7.1; however if I buy the Logitech will I need to buy the external decoder priced at around £100?

Also thinking of getting MX3000 mouse and keyboard combo! :)

dude, get the hell outta here, and stop advertising ur post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
noone in here wants to here about ur long ass post, and see ur 12 line sig!

hey im sorry but i didnt know how to use a thread i thought i had to join in on conversations............. anyway i got my own thread now 'help!!' - could you please help me? Sorry bout it bein so long but there are so many questions ......... please?

Mitesh said:
hey im sorry but i didnt know how to use a thread i thought i had to join in on conversations............. anyway i got my own thread now 'help!!' - could you please help me? Sorry bout it bein so long but there are so many questions ......... please?

Get the expensive speakers with a Sound Blaster Live 24bit, it has Dobly 7.1.

Back
Top Bottom