AMD processor question

yeah...i got the case and PSU for a great deal....it was like $30 less then what the case really costs.....I think total i paid $68 for the case and PSU.........If i get the OCZ performance series....I'll have to cut about $30 off the price......even if you have like a cd or dvd drive sitting at home thats decent i could use that too.......I could cut down the price on the video card too....I'm not sure what i really need but i know i could cut a lil off the price

Whats up with this crap i hear about the socket M2.....does that mean if i buy socket 939 its gonna screw me over in a year......I heard socket M2 was gonna be 940 pins.....Will i still be ok if i get the 939....and if i want to upgrade later i won't just be able to buy a mobo i'll have to buy a cpu too right? As long as 939 will let me keep going for 4 years it'll be ok....or is M2 gonna screw me over before that? If it will i'm gonna wait and buy it later(i prefer not to but i will if my computer won't last 4 years) If it won't last i guess i'll just wait and stick with this crappy computer

Not that soon. It will no longer be the Socket everyone's looking for now when M2 comes out. Socket 939 is pretty new still and you should be fine with that. Unless you want to wait another 6 months to get it. I predict new sockets are always out every two years before it loses its interest.

so i'll be fine for the next 3-4 years with the 939...then i'll be able to buy a new processor with the M2 mobo.....But as long as it last about 4 years i'll be fine....

good......or else my parents would kill me.....thanks for all the help...i'll just keep posting here if i need anymore help

TRDCorolla said:
Not that soon. It will no longer be the Socket everyone's looking for now when M2 comes out. Socket 939 is pretty new still and you should be fine with that. Unless you want to wait another 6 months to get it. I predict new sockets are always out every two years before it loses its interest.

Actually, AMD is the one that changes it's sockets every so often. Intel rarely does that. The last change they had was from Socket 478 to LGA 775.

Remember Socket 754 for AMD? They only had it for two frickin' years before they switched to Socket 939.

Dude your system will fly if you treat it right and upgrade your video card and your am is fine. I would possibly suggest looknig for a deal on a the highest model dual core cpu. And the video card will be ok for a while, it won't get u serious fps but it wwill be good for medium settings with low-medium fps. i give ur system a 9.5-10 for your budget manipulation and overall choices.

a deal on the highest model dual core....those are like $600.....thats almost my budget right there!!!!!.....I don't do much gaming.....if any at all is small....I just need it to be as fast as i can without going over my $650 budget....if someone has a better setup with that budget with a better processor post it and let me see it but it has to be under $650

Back
Top Bottom