Leaving Computer on for too long freezes!

Ok use those 10 minutes wisely.

1. http://www.download.com/Spybot-Search-Destroy/3000-8022-10122137.html?part=dl-spybot&subj=dl&

Run it and press the "print screen" key next to the scroll lock key in the upper right hand corener of your keyboard when it finishes looking for viruses. Now go to MS Paint and press edit, then paste. Then save it as a JPEG on to your dektop.

Now go to www.imageshack.us and hit browse, find the photo, and hit Host it. Then copy and paste the thing that says "thumblink for forums #1", and paste it into your reply on these forums.

That gives us something to work with, and it teaches you how to host images if you didnt know how to already.

Sounds like it could be possible spyware or something that got on your PC. Run some maintenance on it. Delete Temp files, cookies, clear history, reg clean.

lol i cant!!! it spazzes out before I can do that! If i stop moving the mouse for like 10 seconds, it freezes! Same thing in safe mode :(

OK, so this is probably a software problem, not hardware? Because it doesn't seem like something hardware could really be doing...

It's a possibility. You said that the BIOS read your temps to be normal so nothing's overheating. As accurate as the BIOS may be, I also like to do a touch test on the heatsink and such. If it's like burning beyond recognition to the touch, that may be the problem. If not, reformat and start over again. That usually fix all software related problems. If the PC still cause trouble, then it's got to be hardware related.

Your welcome. Those are the steps I would take. Reformat is like my friend now. So far, it is 100% successful solving my problems.

Hahhaha yeah :) the last thing I would ask before I reformat is, when I put on the thermal paste for my CPU, I applied it kind of messily, and some got around the area where its only supposed to be applied on the CPU.

Could incorrectly applied thermal paste be leading to these problems?

Hmm, didn't know you did that. That could lead to some problems too. Perhaps try taking the CPU out and cleaning it thoroughly. Reapply the thermal grease carefully and slap on the heatsink.

Back
Top Bottom