Leaving Computer on for too long freezes!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Whenever I leave my computer on overnight, it is frozen in the morning (NOTHING moves, no responses to any keyboard strokes - like ctrl alt del). And now, I left a process up to save something that was a big file and I came back about two hours later and again, completely frozen!

Is this a problem that I can fix and if so, what is causing the problem?

Thanks

firefox... Power management is just never shutoff. I don't think i have spyware but Ill run a check.

Nope... I just turned it on again to run adaware and the mouse was going INSANE!!! It kept trying to get to the start menu and skipping around and FREAKING ME OUT!!! help!!

The mouse it basically jumping all over the place. I restarted and removed my network card so I would have no internet, hoping this would cancel out any possibility of it being remotely controlled. However, when I used it, I noticed the mouse was still jumping! Not like opening up the start menu like last time, but definitely jumping... So then I just decided to turn it off; I went into start menu --> Turn Off, and it just froze when I clicked turn off!

Whats going on?? Did I mess up my processor or something when I replaced heatsinks? I went back and put in my old heatsink but still getting the same problems!

Please help!

07mackenzie said:
The mouse it basically jumping all over the place. I restarted and removed my network card so I would have no internet, hoping this would cancel out any possibility of it being remotely controlled. However, when I used it, I noticed the mouse was still jumping! Not like opening up the start menu like last time, but definitely jumping... So then I just decided to turn it off; I went into start menu --> Turn Off, and it just froze when I clicked turn off!

Whats going on?? Did I mess up my processor or something when I replaced heatsinks? I went back and put in my old heatsink but still getting the same problems!

Please help!

OK make sure nothing is smoking or sparking or overheating. You can't even get into the OS? If you can't find any other ways, I'd try reinstalling.

I dont think im overheating... When BIOS boots, it has everything in a safe area temperature-wise... I can get into XP but it's about 10 mins into using it that I start getting these weird bugs..

Back
Top Bottom