DFI MB, not for noobs?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
alright i just ordered this MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136151&ATT=Motherboards+AMD&CMP=KNC-goog13

and i showed my firend and he said "i hope you know a lot about bios and have a lot of computer knowledge to be buying a dfi it takes a lot to get a dfi running correctly especially with certain ram"

so yea that scared me right their, cuase this is my first comp im building, and its going to be here tuesday, and i dont want to fuck it up, so how can i prepare ahead of time?

also he said EvGa was a shitty brand, andi just bought the EvGa 6800 ultra pci-e

and info would be awesome

evGA is fine. I think their heatsinks are a little bit on the bad side though; I had to get a nice Zalman fan.

yeah evga is nice.

And for the mobo stuff, well he was partly right.
Some DFI mobos have some difficulties with certain ram, and if u put ddr400 ram on all of the 4 slots then I think u have to lower the ram speed for it to work properly.

As for the bios thing I don't think that there should be any extra messing around in there.

mammikoura said:
yeah evga is nice.

And for the mobo stuff, well he was partly right.
Some DFI mobos have some difficulties with certain ram, and if u put ddr400 ram on all of the 4 slots then I think u have to lower the ram speed for it to work properly.

As for the bios thing I don't think that there should be any extra messing around in there.

I can't believe you just said eVga is nice. *sigh* W/e that video card will be good enough regardless of it's manufacturer. About DFi mobos, it doesn't make a difference what type of mobo brand name it is. Tell your friend he is just bull shitting you.

HRHunteRHR said:
I can't believe you just said eVga is nice. *sigh* W/e that video card will be good enough regardless of it's manufacturer. About DFi mobos, it doesn't make a difference what type of mobo brand name it is. Tell your friend he is just bull shitting you.

what's so bad about evga? :D

And yes the mobo manufacturer does matter, just like in vid cards.

It seems like all of their cards are ticked DOWN alot! Read the specs on that card, then go look at a BFG version of it. Oh yea and their support and website SUCK. You have to put in the damn serial number and mail some bull $hit in order to do ANYTHING.

Would be nice if the off color lauguage above was edited out. I use it myself but not where I don't know the audience.

HRHunteRHR said:
It seems like all of their cards are ticked DOWN alot! Read the specs on that card, then go look at a BFG version of it. Oh yea and their support and website SUCK. You have to put in the damn serial number and mail some bull $hit in order to do ANYTHING.

I checked on the 6800GT since there was no ultra from evga in newegg. (atleast the search didn't come up with any)
and the bfg is $15 more expensive and has 20mhz faster core clock speed. (so ur paying like almost $1 for 1mhz increase in the core clock)
I wouldn't say the difference is so big, though ofcourse the higher it is the better it is.

clandestinex337 said:
alright i just ordered this MB
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813136151&ATT=Motherboards+AMD&CMP=KNC-goog13

and i showed my firend and he said "i hope you know a lot about bios and have a lot of computer knowledge to be buying a dfi it takes a lot to get a dfi running correctly especially with certain ram"

so yea that scared me right their, cuase this is my first comp im building, and its going to be here tuesday, and i dont want to fuck it up, so how can i prepare ahead of time?

also he said EvGa was a shitty brand, andi just bought the EvGa 6800 ultra pci-e

and info would be awesome

Don't let your friend intimidate you like that. All motheboards are configured basically the same way. Follow the manual closely and you won't have any problems. Handle your parts with great care and you'll be fine. DFI and eVGA make good products and I would consider those for my build too.

mammikoura said:
I checked on the 6800GT since there was no ultra from evga in newegg. (atleast the search didn't come up with any)
and the bfg is $15 more expensive and has 20mhz faster core clock speed. (so ur paying like almost $1 for 1mhz increase in the core clock)
I wouldn't say the difference is so big, though ofcourse the higher it is the better it is.

"I checked on the 6800GT since there was no ultra from evga in newegg "

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom