Computer to TV

vikster

Solid State Member
Ok well i want to dual screen, i have an Ati x300se it has an vga, s-video, and Dvi output. So instead of having to buy an dvi to vga adapter. I already have a external tv tuner that has an svideo input and a VGA output. So i connected my PC to this and the vga out went another monitor. It works fine, i can move things from one screen to the other however the text is really hard to read. I was wondering why is this? and how can i fix this

I think its because the whole tv thing cuz when i connect my pc to a tv it looks like this.

Thnx

TVs aren't ment for close viewing. That is why there are TV;s and TV Monitors, like in the ones you see without speakers....You can try to view better text by lowering your res.

yah ive tried changing the resolution, like u said i get the best reulst at lower resolution since it makes the text bigger but its still hard

rrr there has to be a way to fix this otherwise how would projectors work? and the whole tv thing aint right cuz im really using a monitor.

Ok, let me answer you question as clear as I can

When you watch television, it doesn't require you site real close to the screen, right? The CRT televisions have small pixels, but not as close as a computer monitor pixels. Compare both, as you can see, the television pixels are much bigger than a computer monitor pixels. That is because a computer monitor requires you to read small images, unlike a television, in which you can site back. That is why computer monitors cost more than most television sets (CRT). A 17 inch CRT is around 100 bucks, compare that to a television, which you can get a 20 or 25 inch set. That is because the computer monitor has to squish all those pixels on to that little screen, unlike televisions. That is why you can;t read small text or images clearly on televisions.

Projectors are different. They have the same basic platform as regular LCD monitors, except they have a stronger bulb which powers them.(LCD Projecter)blah......... The have no relation on how the standard TV displays things.

Now television monitors are different. Because they allow more pixels to be installed into the screen, though not as clear as computer monitors, but still, better than standard televisions.

Now if you want to see your computer screen clearly on a televsion screen, then I suggest you get a LCD television.

There is no way to make your text clearer on a standard televison set, besides changing you res.

Hope this is clear :)

Back
Top Bottom