Xbox 360 and PS3 ...computers?????

sk8ngame said:
that chiks f'n retarded,
she doesnt know what shes talkin bout
okay, since when is a game based on 50 cent good?
and who deemd the warriors a great game, i mean its an awsum movie, but thers a lot of hidden bs, and live is free :)confused:)
f'k her (if this is innappropriate, edit it mods (sry)

Since when is ANY video game based on ANY rapper good???

Mans stick with your computers. Heres a thing you can do if you don't believe me.

Take apart your xbox and look inside. It has a 700MHz Celeron processor, and a foxconn motherboard with like 64 megabytes or RAM and some wierd graphics card. Take apart your Gamecube, it has a 400MHz Gecko core processor with a graphics card provided by dear old ATi. Your PS2has a 233MHz processor (intel I believe) and a 3dFXvoodoo graphics card. Now your computer has all those types of parts. The video games just have different readers for CD's, and a fancy controller.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE!?

HRHunteRHR said:
Take apart your xbox and look inside. It has a 700MHz Celeron processor, and a foxconn motherboard with like 64 megabytes or RAM and some wierd graphics card. Take apart your Gamecube, it has a 400MHz Gecko core processor with a graphics card provided by dear old ATi. Your PS2has a 233MHz processor (intel I believe) and a 3dFXvoodoo graphics card. Now your computer has all those types of parts. The video games just have different readers for CD's, and a fancy controller.

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE!?

Are you sure? I seriously doubt that a PS2 would have a 233MHz CPU in it. Although, the console doesn't require as much speed because it's only running ONE process as oppossed to 20+ on your computer, so maybe the extra speed isn't needed.

Anywho point is that a console will always be faster in a sense because it has essentially one ONE task/process to perform. So allllll the speed gets put into that ONE task, as oppossed to your PC which has 2+GHz of speed and roughly 20+ tasks/processes.

But the graphics side. A PC in my opinion will always have better graphince because technology has gottewn to the point to where we can add antialiasing and antrispotic filtering or however you spell it. Meaning that the console will always one set mode of graphics, as oppossed to a PC which can be upgraded to multiple GPUs, up to four with current technology, and that means we can take AA and AF to whole different levels and refine our images to great lengths, thus displaying better graphics!

HRHunteRHR said:
Since when is ANY video game based on ANY rapper good???

my point exactly!!!!
anyway, i have no preference as of a keyboard or controller, but i do know that i like playin my halo and calloduty in HD :D
w/e i cant wait!

2 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!

whats this Ninentendo Revolution like? havnt heard about it that much, seems like it has already gotten swollowed up by the 360 and ps3

Nintendo hasnt released a wide range of INFO on the Revolution yet. But if you search you can probably find some sites with general info.

1337DuD3 said:
Are you sure? I seriously doubt that a PS2 would have a 233MHz CPU in it. Although, the console doesn't require as much speed because it's only running ONE process as oppossed to 20+ on your computer, so maybe the extra speed isn't needed.

Anywho point is that a console will always be faster in a sense because it has essentially one ONE task/process to perform. So allllll the speed gets put into that ONE task, as oppossed to your PC which has 2+GHz of speed and roughly 20+ tasks/processes.

But the graphics side. A PC in my opinion will always have better graphince because technology has gottewn to the point to where we can add antialiasing and antrispotic filtering or however you spell it. Meaning that the console will always one set mode of graphics, as oppossed to a PC which can be upgraded to multiple GPUs, up to four with current technology, and that means we can take AA and AF to whole different levels and refine our images to great lengths, thus displaying better graphics!

http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/ps22.htm

Read up. It has a 150MHz core GPU, and a 300MHz (294MHz) CPU clock speed and 32Megabytes of ram.

Xbox:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Microsoft_Xbox/4507-6464_7-7853769.html

Gamecube:
http://www.consoleinfo.co.uk/gamecube.html

You can easily see that Xbox takes the cake, with two times the speed of the PS2, TWO times the amount of ram, and a 256 vide card.

However, I believe that Gamecube actually looks pretty damned nice! With a 485MHz processor, and the ATi Flipper video card, I think it has the best overall graphics, but some of the WORST games.

HRHunteRHR said:
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/ps22.htm

Read up. It has a 150MHz core GPU, and a 300MHz (294MHz) CPU clock speed and 32Megabytes of ram.

Xbox:
http://reviews.cnet.com/Microsoft_Xbox/4507-6464_7-7853769.html

Gamecube:
http://www.consoleinfo.co.uk/gamecube.html

You can easily see that Xbox takes the cake, with two times the speed of the PS2, TWO times the amount of ram, and a 256 vide card.

However, I believe that Gamecube actually looks pretty damned nice! With a 485MHz processor, and the ATi Flipper video card, I think it has the best overall graphics, but some of the WORST games.

Pretty interesting. It's weird saying how 233MHz is FAST with these consoles, I'm so used to saying 2.4+GHz is fast. Weird...

Anywho the Gamecube is awesome, but the games for it, just plain suck. It's like a 6 year olds gaming machine. That and the fact that it's incredibly small. I don't like small things...

HRHunteRHR said:
Some of that is wrong...

The Xbox has a Intel Mobile Pentium III/Celeron running at 733mhz, 64mb of DDR RAM made by Hynix or Samsung, nVIDIA GeForce 3 based GPU (code-named NV2A) running at 233mhz, nForce based chipset and a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive depending on the revision model.

The GameCube has a IBM PowerPC CPU running at 485mhz (code-named Gekko), 24mb of MoSys 1T-SRAM, and a ATI GPU running at 162mhz (code-named Flipper).

The PlayStation 2 has a Toshiba/Sony Emotion Engine CPU running at 300mhz, 32mb of RDRAM, and a Graphics Synthesizer GPU running at 150mhz.

Neither the PlayStation 2 or GameCube feature a hard drive and rely on proprietary memory cards. Both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 use the DVD-ROM , while the GameCube uses a proprietary Matsushita 3" Disc that can hold 1.5gb.

alvino said:
Some of that is wrong...

The Xbox has a Intel Mobile Pentium III/Celeron running at 733mhz, 64mb of DDR RAM made by Hynix or Samsung, nVIDIA GeForce 3 based GPU (code-named NV2A) running at 233mhz, nForce based chipset and a Seagate or Western Digital hard drive depending on the revision model.

The GameCube has a IBM PowerPC CPU running at 485mhz (code-named Gekko), 24mb of MoSys 1T-SRAM, and a ATI GPU running at 162mhz (code-named Flipper).

The PlayStation 2 has a Toshiba/Sony Emotion Engine CPU running at 300mhz, 32mb of RDRAM, and a Graphics Synthesizer GPU running at 150mhz.

Neither the PlayStation 2 or GameCube feature a hard drive and rely on proprietary memory cards. Both the Xbox and PlayStation 2 use the DVD-ROM , while the GameCube uses a proprietary Matsushita 3" Disc that can hold 1.5gb.

You obviously didn't read the above posts and just tried to find something faulty in my information. Besides I never said any of it was FACT, and I never said anything about how big the drives are and how much the hard drive can hold because I wasn't focused on that. But thanks for the reptetive information, even though it's all in those links above.

Obviously the xbox360 was better it was realeased like a year (give or take) after the ps2....when processors were seeing huge technological advancements.

That girl at fox is stupid.
"Hidden costs — Right now, the Xbox 360's stunning graphics ability is its biggest selling point, but to take advantage of it, you'll need to invest in a high-definition TV — tacking on an extra couple hundred bucks, at least."

>>I'd like to know where i can get a high definition television for a extra couple hundred dollars. They are thousands above ED televisions. Shes crazy. And she makes it seem like xbox360 has been scamming people with the core version. If someone is going to spend 300 dollars i pray to god they look into and realise that its want they want, so they don't go out and buy the hd and remote etc. offered in the upgraded package later.

Ps3 owns. (in my opinion)

***ps my system has partially funded by my company (computer allowance), so if i was not in this situatuion it would be complete excess. And i have not ran 3dmarks or stats on my computer, because i don't have a liscene for those programs and i feel that illegal activities on a work computer is irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom