Need Help Plezzzzz ............

DanTheMan89

Baseband Member
hi i just got a new hard drive because my old one set a light. Now the new one i have to install a os i got a copy of windows xp .. now i need to know how to install windows xp on to the hard drvie ?

as computer tries to boot up, press F8, and go into your bios, and make the computer boot from the hard drive, and then as you do that, before you start the computer again, put in the win cd, and then install it, and from there its pretty self explanitory.

put in your xp cd..reboot...goto setup..bootmenu...boot from rom drive...exit save changes...click any key to boot from cd...enter...f8...then select what drive ya want it on and what partition ya wanna use and so forth. i usually set my drives to primary and one to cs (cable select)

arrizx said:
as computer tries to boot up, press F8, and go into your bios, and make the computer boot from the hard drive, and then as you do that, before you start the computer again, put in the win cd, and then install it, and from there its pretty self explanitory.

or you could do it that way too

Thanks i wil ltry it and come back to you if i have any other problems thanks guys ...............

sorry i triedthat . but i am like all new to this bios and stuff lol ... could you tell me how to make it boot from the cd rom drive ?

well as ur computer tries to boot, press F8, or F10, or what ever it is, maybe F2, and then go to bios, and then look for boot devices, and from there make the cd rom drive, boot first.

Back
Top Bottom