Why cant i skip the disk check on xp home edition?

Jorfee

Baseband Member
For some reason when I turn on my laptop every once in a while a diskcheck will begin and it takes like an hour and a half and theres nothing I can do until it's done. No i dont shut it down the wrong way or anything and no it doesnt give me the option in the beginning to skip the disk check, it just goes right to it.

how do I bypass this? I can't keep waiting over an hour everytime when I want to use my laptop

I think that there's something seriously wrong with your hd man... it shouldn't happen like that. What are the specs of the labtop? Is it in your sig? Or is something else? And how old is the comp? Was the hd new or used? From my knowledge, you don't get into a diskcleanup when you do everything right.

it has started since i installed system mechanic 6. Its a dell inspiron 6000. pentium mobile 1.6ghz 80gb hdd and xp home edition. Its about 6 months old. I have xp pro on my desktop and it allows me to skip the diskcheck which i think is bein cause by system mechanic or some reason. But xp home edition doesnt seem to let you hit a key to cancel the check.

Um, xp home does let you skip it... weird... Have you tried contacting dell about this? I'm pretty sure it's hd issue with the OS... but you should be able to skip desk check....

No I havent contacted Dell. Is there a setting somewhere that maybe got turned off? It is weird that it doesnt let me skip it...and very annoying. It just goes straight into the check with no "press any key to cancel" option

Jorfee said:
For some reason when I turn on my laptop every once in a while a diskcheck will begin and it takes like an hour and a half and theres nothing I can do until it's done. No i dont shut it down the wrong way or anything and no it doesnt give me the option in the beginning to skip the disk check, it just goes right to it.

how do I bypass this? I can't keep waiting over an hour everytime when I want to use my laptop

It's called Dell. Or it could be that it's a laptop (I hate them). It ALSO could be that something in your system is infected into your hard drive?

Back
Top Bottom