Frustrating vid card programs

ACES WILD

Daemon Poster
wow, CF got a new look since i was away. but anyway, in one of my systems at home i have an aging 9600pro. here is its issue, every time i try to play something that remotley resembles a game, it will crash. i know u guys might say, oh get the newest drivers, or oh its overheating, but its not. i have the latest catalyst drivers from there website( also tried the newest omega drivers), and i just put a new fan and ramsinks on the card so it isnt overheating..... and some games it will crash, the screen will go black, then come back pixely, then keep on playing again, after it does this about 3 times, it will just black out period. The only thing i could think of that might be the problem, is that the system didnt have Sp2 on it, so i tried that as well, no go. I also tried reinstalling the drivers for my mobo chipset and vid card as well, so is this card just gone, or am i doing something wrong?

specs of system in question:
AMD athlon XP 2800 barton
MSI k7n2 Delta2 lsr Skt A mobo
gigabyte 9600pro 128mb
1 gig mushkin pc-3200 value ram (1 stick)
80 gig seagate HD
windows XP pro Sp2

Thats Probably what im gonna have to do, just wanted to see if i would be able to keep it alive till Xmas when i get more $$, oh well, no lanparties for this machine :)

Back
Top Bottom