Is your PC Windows Vista ready?

TRDCorolla said:
Yes, must have a minimum of 1GB. Come on people. 2GB for maximum efficiency.

You don't I've tried it on a 256MB RAM mode and it worked (Putting a 256MB stick and removing the others)

I hope you guys that are using minimum RAM do plan on upgrading to more RAM when the actual Vista comes out into retail. I'm just concerned for system speed and overall system stability when the OS is being used at it's potential. I hope you guys don't plan on playing BF2 using that kind of RAM numbers though. Remember that more RAM is better (depending on what you are doing, of course).

Sigh...I have 1024mb ram...but the pci-e video card needed is bull. I will have one in my next system Although I like XP so it'll be a while until I upgrade..

ALSO, riddle me this....since most factory made computers that are standard use AGP...then wouldn't most standard factory made pc's still have xp which is "old school" on them?

Yeah, I'd hate to have standard dell computers outrank mine...that'd be horrible! Computer illiterate people shouldn;t be allowed to use a PC with more than 512mb ram!!!! :)

TRDCorolla said:
Seems steep, but those specs from the PC-World magazine are said to be "in flux". But the new Vista is said to be VERY promising. Tons of new stuff coming out on it and is considered a MAJOR upgrade from previous OS's.

FYI Every windows was said to be "the bomb" and have the best features. Not once has a windows OS lived up to what they say. XP was a good shot at it. But it still sucks compaired to lynix and the Mac OS. Vista will be no different. Just forces ya to upgrade your comp.

Back
Top Bottom